How does it work?
- Fill out the "Request a Library Grab Bag" form on our website.
- Staff receive an email with details of your grab bag request.
- Staff select titles based on your request and add them as holds to your account.
- You are notified via phone call, text, or email, according to your account notification preference, when the titles are ready.
- Visit the branch to pick up your grab bag books along with any other holds on your account.
How many grab bags can I request?
You can submit as many requests as you need. For example, you might want to submit a separate grab bag request for every child in your family. Keep in mind, a maximum of 100 items may be checked out on a customer’s library card at one time. The number of items in your grab bag requests may be limited if you have other items checked out and the total exceeds the maximum.
How long until my grab bag request is ready? How will I know when it is ready?
Please allow up to three days for grab bag titles to be placed on hold for you. Staff will match your selections and preferences as best as possible with items immediately available. However, they may need to place requests for titles at other branches or currently checked out so some might take a little longer to arrive.
You will be notified when the books from your grab bag request are ready.
What if I select multiple grab bag types?
The titles staff select will be split between your grab bag type selections. Free feel to include any personal preferences or interests in the additional information field.
Have more questions?
Please contact your local branch for help or questions about a grab bag request.