We are seeking individuals with flexible schedules available to serve as back-up for regular Mid-Columbia Libraries’ employees on an on-call basis. Substitutes will assist library customers through a variety of activities at the customer service desk which may include checking library materials in and out, issuing library cards, taking payments, updating library customer records, and placing holds. Substitutes will provide basic information about materials, programs and services offered by MCL and may also resolve issues related to customer accounts.
Work Location includes: Kennewick, Keewaydin, Pasco, West Pasco, and West Richland Branches.
This position is open until filled; First review will be Friday, November 17, 2023 @ 5:00pm.
- High School diploma or equivalent; one year of library or general clerical experience with public contact; or equivalent technical training, education, and/or experience.
- Ability to obtain a valid Washington driver’s license.
- Knowledge of current office methods, equipment, practices and procedures including PC usage and familiarity with Microsoft Office, and other personal computer applications, emailing systems, web-based searching, and eReaders.
- Professional experience in a library, retail, customer service, or education setting is highly desired
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus! ($2,000 annual bilingual premium pay available).